Hey heart healthy friends! We tried out this potato salad and it was a hit with everyone. It makes a batch big enough for a summer picnic. I doubled the recipe for our Fourth of July gathering so that we had plenty for a couple of meals. The second time around it seemed just a tad dry so I added a little plant based milk and stirred adding a bit of milk and then stirring until it reached my desired creaminess.
Red Potato Pasta Salad
A hearty meal worthy salad. Perfect to share at a summer picnic.
- 1 1/2 pounds, red skinned potatoes, cooked, cooled and cut into 1″ chunks
- 2 cups dry whole grain pasta
- 1 15-ounce can artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and quartered lengthwise
- 4 ounces hearts of palm, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut into halves
- 2 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup dill pickle relish
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill or 1 tablespoon dried dill weed
- fresh chives (optional)
- 1 14-ounce package tofu, drained
- 2 1/2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 1/2 tsp. dijon mustards
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup unsweetened plant based milk
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions; drain. Rinse with cold water and drain again. Transfer to a large bowl.
- Add cooked potato cubes to large bowl with cooked pasta.
- Add the artichoke hearts, hearts of palm, tomatoes, green onions, dill and pickle relish
- In a food processor, combine the tofu, vinegar, garlic and mustard. Blend into a smooth sauce. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the sauce to the bowl and mix well. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Chill in the fridge or serve at room temperature. Just before serving add the plant-based milk 1 to 2 tablespoons at a time, until desired consistency is reached.