This recipe is one that uses my previous recipe for cashew cream sauce, you can find it by following the link. I started off with a heaping one cup measure of sliced mushrooms. I used the regular button mushrooms you can find in the produce department of your local grocery store. You really don’t need to add any oil or water to the pan in order to cook them. I know this goes against everything we have been taught about the healthy benefits of EVO but it is really just empty calories. Adding water to the mushrooms will serve to water down your soup, you don’t want to drain the mushrooms and loose all those juicy flavors.
You can see from my photos of the mushrooms, the amount of water they give up while they are cooking. I added the vegan Worcestershire sauce once the mushrooms were sautéed.
Slowly pour in the 2 cups of Cashew Cream sauce and heat through. The soup begins to thicken as it heats. Enoy!
Dairy Free Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 heaping cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups Cashew Cream Sauce
- Add sliced fresh mushrooms to pan, sauté slowly, do not add water, they should release enough liquid to sauté themselves.
- Add Worcestershire sauce to the sautéed mushrooms.
- Add 2 cups of Cashew Cream Sauce and stir until mixture has thickened up and warmed though.