While on a frequent business trip my husband picked up a vegan cookbook for us. It is packed full of vegan recipes from many different restaurants around the world. Although each recipe needs a slight tweaking to be whole food, plant-based, no oil. This past weekend we tried out our version of zucchini hummus and it was wonderful. We made some veggie stuffed grape leaves and used this hummus as a dip, it was fantastic. We also tried some with our favorite original flavor Mary’s gone crackers, as you can see in the photo.
a wholesome, tasty, plant-based dip for all your dipping needs.
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. lime juice
- 1 1/4 cups red onion diced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tsp ground mustard
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cups chopped zucchini
- Grind the sunflower seeds and set aside
- Add apple sauce, lime juice, onion, garlic, salt, paprika, cumin, ground mustard, and black pepper and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds.
- Add ground sunflower seeds and chopped zucchini. Blend until smooth
- Serve with your favorite veggies! Enjoy!