Vegan scalloped corn has become a holiday staple at our house. The vegetarian Jiffy corn bread mix comes in a small blue box and it has a green vegetarian label. Two boxes might seem like a lot, but it is so tasty I never need to worry about any going to waste. This recipe makes enough to fit nicely in a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish. When I am preparing a holiday meal, this is one of those dishes you can make the day ahead. I like to put it together in my 9″ x 13″ dish with a lid. Once it is assembled it can go into the refrigerator until it is time for it to go in the oven the next day. I have used fresh scalloped corn in the past, just make sure you are close to the same amounts of corn as in the recipe. When you have the oven packed with other dishes it may take a bit longer to cook all the way through. Enjoy!
Vegan Scalloped Corn
A versatile, savory side dish that is perfect for any meal.
- 2 boxes vegetarian Jiffy corn bread mix
- 1/2 cup pureed silken tofu
- 1/2 cup plant based milk
- 2 cups plain Silk brand, plant based yogurt
- 2 cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 2 cans creamed corn
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°
- Add all ingredients to a large bowl. Mix until all ingredients are fully combined.
- Pour into a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Bake for approximately 1 hour until lightly browned on top and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
One thought on “Vegan Scalloped Corn”